RF 4407 LIQUID EPOXY RESIN
RF 4407 is a filled, thermally conductive, self-extinguishing epoxy resin designed for potting or casting in electrical applications. It is 100% reactive and produces no VOC. RF 4407 will pass the UL-94V-0 flame spread test using a casting as thin as 1/8 inch.
The RF 4407 viscosity can be modified to meet your application needs. As an example, RF 4408 is the thixotropic version of RF 4407 for when a soft paste is required prior to cure.
Shop RF 4407 >
Various curing agents can be used to achieve particular end properties. Regardless of which curing agent is used, the end product will be a thermally conductive plastic.
- RF 9 Curing Agent: an accelerated polyamide hardener for general purpose potting. With RF 4407, it has a Mix Ratio of 100:10, a Pot Life of 30-45 minutes and the cure is 3-5 days at ambient temperatures.
- RF 14 Curing Agent: a standard polyamine with reduced vapor pressure. It gives castings with intermediate Tg and excellent chemical resistance. Cure is 3-5 days at ambient temperatures.
- RF 24 Curing Agent: RF 24 is a long pot life cycloaliphatic hardener for high temperature potting. It is an excellent substitute for aromatic hardeners and can generate Tg’s in excess of 150°C with post cure. With RF 4407, it has a Mix Ratio of 100:13.7, a Pot Life of 5-6 hours, and the cure is 2 hours at 82°C plus 2 hours at 121°C.
- RF 35 Curing Agent: is a trifuctional polyglycol amine. It offers excellent thermal shock resistance with higher Tg. With RF 4407, it has a Mix Ratio of 100:23-46, a Pot Life of 1-2 hours, and the cure is 4 hours at 82°C.
For quotes, questions, and personalized consultations, contact us here.
Shop RF 4407 and Curing Agents >
Download our complete Product Selector Guide.
RF 24 Curing Agent
RF 24 is a cycloaliphatic amine curing agent used to cure various epoxy resins at elevated temperatures. This particular curing agent offers light color, low viscosity, long pot life and high glass transition temperature (Tg). Because of its light color, absence of staining and excellent physical properties, it is recommended has a replacement for aromatic amines.
Shop RF 24 >
- Low viscosity
- Long pot life
- Light color
- Rapid cure
- Replacement for aromatic amines
- High temperature adhesives
- Filament winding
- General industrial usages
Download our complete Product Selector Guide
RF 5407 Epoxy Resin
RF 5407 is an easy-to-use, aluminum oxide, liquid epoxy resin with excellent electrical insulation properties and high thermal conductivity. When cured in conjunction with a recommended curing agent, the cured product will have low shrinkage, excellent thermal stability and conductivity, and be a strong and durable casting.
Colors: RF 5407 is available in off-white (natural), white and black colors.
Shop RF 5407 >
- High thermal conductivity
- Electrical insulation
- Low shrinkage during cure
- Thermal cycling capability
- Aluminum oxide, liquid epoxy resin
- Strong and durable casting
- High Tg (high glass transition temperature)
Download our complete guide on Epoxy Resin Systems for Electronics
Potting and Encapsulation
Specialty Electronic Segments:
- Connector Contractor
- High voltage
For quotes, questions, or a technical consultation, please contact your E.V. Roberts Technical Account Manager.
email@example.com and +1 800-374-3872
Resin Formulators– exclusively engineered by the manufacturing division of E.V. Roberts — is the time-tested and trusted brand of epoxy, urethane, and silicone specialty materials that can be uniquely customized, tested and certified on-demand. Resin Formulators can help you with proprietary formulations for a specialty material, improving cure rates, or modifying color or viscosity. Complete with a Senior Research Chemist, an expert Product Manager, a formulation and packaging team, and a lab designed for state-of-the-art product development, Resin Formulators delivers high-quality and cost-effective solutions to meet your advanced engineering needs.